Catholic U and Disability Support Services are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for students with special dietary needs, including food allergies, medical diets, and/or food intolerances so students can fully participate in the dining experience. The University may release a student from participating in the dining program in those rare situations when Dining Services cannot accommodate a student's needs due to the nature of the medical condition that the student is experiencing. We encourage students to review the Dining Services website to explore dining options available at Catholic University. There are a variety of Vegetarian, Vegan, and Made Without Gluten options.
Processes for Dietary Needs and Accommodations
Students who have questions about different dining options should contact Dining Services at email@example.com. Students who have questions about dietary questions or food contents, should contact Dining Services' Registered Dietitian, Sarah Goff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students should engage in the following process to request a formal Dining Accommodation. Students who have previously received dining accommodations must re-request dining accommodations prior to the start of the new academic year using the same form. Please contact DSS with any questions.
1. The student should complete the Dining Accommodation Request form. Additionally, students should submit a completed Dining Accommodation Documentation form directly to DSS either via email at email@example.com or fax at 202-319-5126.
a. Documentation requirements include: clinician's name and license information, student's name, diagnosis or condition, medical relationship between diagnoses and dining accommodation needs, clinician signature, and date.
2. DSS will review the submitted materials and consult with the Dining Services Registered Dietitician as needed.
3. DSS will conduct an accommodations meeting with the student to discuss dietary needs, dining options, and any reasonable accommodations.
4. DSS will inform the Dining Services Registered Dietician and/or Dining Services with any dining accommodation reccomendations.
5. The Dining Services Registered Dietician and/or Dining Services will follow up with the student regarding next steps and/or additional information regarding any accommodation.