Who We Serve

A clock        



  • Attention Deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Executive Functioning

Mental Health / Psychological


  • Anxiety
  • Depression
  • Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Schizophrenia
  • Bipolar Disorder

Learning Disabilities


  • Processing Speed Disorder
  • Math
  • Written Expression
  • Reading Comprehension
  • Dyslexia
  • Dysgraphia


Physical / Mobility Impairments

  • Cerebral Palsy
  • Spinal cord injury
  • Juvenile Arthritis

Autism Spectrum Disorders


  • Autism Spectrum Disorder
  • Asperger's Syndrome
  • Pervasive Developmental Disorder- Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS)

Chronic Health Impairments


  • Arthritis
  • Cardiac Disorders
  • Cystic Fibrosis
  • Epilepsy
  • Migraines

Head Injuries


  • Concussion
  • Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome

Blind or Visually Impaired

Deaf or Hearing Impaired


Temporary Disabilities 

If you are experiencing an on-going and/or serious medical issue (i.e. hospitalization, long term illness, etc.), contact the Office of the Dean of Students at 202-319-5619. Staff members in the Office of the Dean of Students can assist you with developing a plan for managing the impact of the medical issue on your campus life. You should also personally notify your professors if you have missed and/or expect to miss any classes; your professors are in the best position to discuss how absences from class will affect your class performance.


Students requiring the use of accessible parking spaces must have a state-issued parking placard. Students who are interested in obtaining a disabled parking permit must apply for one through their home state DMV. 

Vehicles displaying valid state or District of Columbia issued handicapped licensed tags and/or window placards identifying the driver or passenger as handicapped will be authorized to park in designated handicapped spaces.

A valid CUA-issued parking permit must be displayed in conjunction with the state or the District of Columbia issued handicapped licensed tags or hanging placard. Permits are available through The Office of Transportation and Parking Services.

Transportation on Campus

 The Office of Transportation and Parking Services offers a shuttle around campus. More information is available on the Office of Transportation and Parking website.

Employees with Disabilities

 The Equal Opportunity Officer, is responsible for requests for work accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act. An accommodation is a reasonable modification or adjustment to the work environment that enables a qualified person with a disability to perform the essential functions of a position, or enjoy the same benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by non-disabled employees. The Equal Opportunity Officer handles requests for faculty and staff, and can be reached at 202-319-6594 or http://eeo.cua.edu