DSS works to ensure accommodated quizzes, tests, and exams for students registered with DSS and who have testing accommodations. Other requests will be considered on a case-by-case basis and will depend on the current demands and workload of the DSS office.
The Accommodated Testing Process is as follows:
- Students with testing accommodations will request to take a test with DSS via "DSS Test Request" Google Form.
- Students must sign into the Google Suite with their Catholic email to access the test request.
- One request must be made for each test.
- Students are required to make the request 7 business days (excluding weekends and holidays) before a test is to be scheduled. If requested later than this deadline, it is not guaranteed that the student will be able to take the test with accommodations.
- Students will receive an email confirmation when a test request is successfully submitted. if a student does not receive a test request email confirmation, please resubmit the test request.
- If there are any changes to the request (e.g. test date) or if there are any concerns, please email email@example.com immediately.
- Seven days before the scheduled test, DSS will notify the instructor via email that their student has requested to take a test with DSS and will ask them to reply with test details.
- DSS will work with the instructor to schedule your exam. DSS will send a Google calendar invite for the scheduled exam.
- If a student wants to change the date and/or time of the test, students must email DSS (firstname.lastname@example.org) and the instructor to engage in the rescheduling process. DSS will work with the student and instructor to coordinate the rescheduled test.
Proctoring Information for Students
DSS will offer an option of Zoom and in-person proctoring for all students with testing accommodations whose professors are also Zoom/in-person proctoring their classmates (who do not have an accommodation). If students without accommodations are not being proctored, DSS cannot proctor students with accommodations.
*DSS will assist with Comps/Hesi proctoring on a limited basis this semester. Any student who would like to request DSS proctoring for Comps/Hesi must submit their request at least 30 days in advance for consideration. DSS will work with your faculty and/or dean to determine whether DSS can provide proctoring.
DSS Proctoring Schedule:
- Monday: 1-4pm
- Tuesday: 9am-12pm, 1-4pm
- Wednesday: 9am-12pm, 1-4pm
- Thursday: 9am-12pm, 1-4pm
- Friday 9am-12pm
Please note the following regarding proctoring sessions:
- All students who are being proctored in person must wear a face mask at all times during the exam.
- To make sure we keep everyone safe, if you are not feeling well please contact DSS immediately so that we can move your exam to either Zoom or another date.
- Each test proctoring session will take place via Zoom/in person; each proctored test session will have a limited capacity, likely including students from different classes.
- All students will be required to begin at the same time in order to minimize distractions during testing time.
- Some students may not be taking their exam proctored by DSS at the same time as their classmates. DSS will work to place students in a proctored time slot as close to their classmates as possible without missing other classes.
- DSS cannot guarantee student placement in a given testing slot.