Some students may need a specific type of room to accommodate a disability. In these cases, DSS will work with Housing Services and Residence Life to provide housing accommodations to eligible students with a disability.
Housing accommodations may include:
- Accessible building and room
- Accessible furniture (desk, tables, shelves)
- Bathroom modifications (grab bars, roll-in shower, lower sink)
- Central location on campus
- First floor room
- Emotional support animal (see full guidelines for ESA's here)
- Visual alarms
- Single room
- Suite-style bath (approximately 4 students per bathroom)
- Private Bath (may require specific documentation as space is extremely limited)
The Housing Accommodation process is as follows:
- Student submits:
- Housing accommodation request (through DSS, housing accommodation request available here).
- Housing Application (through Housing Services, available on Cardinal Station), and
- Documentation supporting housing accommodation request. (See Clinical Care Provider Documentation Form for Housing Accommodation Request) Each housing accommodation request must be supported by documentation.
- DSS evaluates housing accommodation request and corresponding documentation. DSS may request to meet with the student to discuss the housing accommodation request further.
- DSS makes a recommendation to Housing Services.
- Housing Services works with the student on a specific room assignment.
- Students receiving classroom and testing accommodations through DSS do not automatically receive priority housing.
- Housing preferences are considered, but not guaranteed.
- The priority deadline for housing accommodations is the same day as housing intent. Housing Services posts the date for housing intent each semester. Housing accommodation requests made past this date are accommodated on an availability basis.
Catholic U is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for students with special dietary needs including food allergies, medical diets, and/or food intolerances so students can fully participate in the dining experience. Dining plan removals are only granted to students with conditions that Dining Services cannot accommodate. We encourage students to check out the dining options through the Dining Services website.There are a variety of Vegetarian, Vegan and Made Without Gluten options.
Students will be asked to meet with the Dining Services Registered Dietitian to discuss their needs and learn of the food options available to them. At the meeting, the following will be discussed:
- The student's history of the foods that can and cannot be tolerated
- All of the food options and alternative food products available at Catholic U Dining.
Dining accommodations are not held in DSS. For more information about Dining Services Accommodations, contact email@example.com